Sunday, September 06, 2015

Light and Shadow


Present Light
~Charles Ghinga

If I could
hold light
in my hand

I would
give it
to you

and watch it
become
your shadow.


I've been thinking a lot about light and shadow, how they support and usurp one another, constantly sharing and shifting. Light that warms us, feeds us, burns us, blinds us, that we both seek and hide from. Shadow that cools us, invites us, hides us, scares us, that we both seek and hide from. I'm trying to be intentional about their roles in my life and writing, labeling neither good nor bad. Just like the sun and moon each have a role to play, so do light and shadow, no matter how literal or metaphorical we get.

3 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

I like thinking on these concepts. Lovely comparison. I have been thinking about it alot in my photography too.

UmbralQueen said...

So I am sure I am staring right at it, but I couldn't find a way to contact you! I nominated you for the Liebster Award! http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2015/09/liebster-award-brief-interlude-into.html :D

Elizabeth said...

Very interesting, it has me thinking!